Promotions and Digital Content Management Internship at Cumulus Broadcasting, Spring and Summer 2018
Description: Cumulus Broadcasting is located in Oshkosh, WI and operates five radio stations: Nash FM 99.5, 96.9 The Fox, 103.9 WVBO, WOSH 1490 AM, and WNAM 1280 AM. The Promotions Department is in charge of planning the events for each of our five stations. The Promotions team also manages all of the station websites and digital content. This department communicates with all aspects of this business, from the Sales and Marketing Department to the Program Directors and on-air teams.
- Will assist Promotions Director prepare for upcoming events
- Consists of hanging banners before concerts, gathering station promo materials, setting up rooms for events
- Assisting listeners with contesting at events
- Following up with business owners and station program directors to make sure everything is ok before, during and after event
- Will work with all departments of radio
- Production – learning how to write, record, voice and produce radio advertisements.
- Programming – learning how commercials are put on air
- Sales – learning how to market radio to our diverse audiences
- Promotions – learn how an event is put together from beginning to end
- Digital Content Creation and social media campaign management
- On-Air – Interns are encouraged to learn how the studios are operated
- Web/Graphic Design
- Must be available to work some holidays/weekends
- Must be prompt and dressed appropriately
- Must be responsible
- Must be energetic, confident, creative and a quick learner
This internship is unpaid; all applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university. Intern must earn college credit for the duration of the internship.
Contact: David Wettroth, Promotions Manager
If interested, please send a résumé and cover letter to David.Wettroth@cumulus.com. No phone calls, please.
CUMULUS MEDIA – Appleton | Oshkosh is seeking a dynamic Account Executive to join our team! We are looking for passionate, motivated, goal oriented individuals with high business acumen, and the desire to WIN in a fast-paced, highly competitive sales environment. In return, we offer a unique opportunity: one where you are given a challenging mission, world-class tools to help you succeed, and the chance to realize your full potential as a sales professional.
We are home to five of Northeast Wisconsin’s favorite radio stations: WVBO 103.9 FM/ WPKR 99.5 FM/ WWWX 96.9 FM/ WOSH 1490 AM/ WNAM 1280 AM that reach 225,000 different fans every week. From connecting with Boomers on WVBO, Working women on NASH, Millennials on WWWX, the latest breaking news coverage and talk on WOSH, and seniors with America’s Best Music; Cumulus Appleton/Oshkosh delivers it all! Do you have the creativity and drive to connect these valuable listeners with local business owners? If so, call us…..
A leader in the radio broadcasting industry, Cumulus Media (NASDAQ:CMLS) combines high-quality local programming with iconic, nationally syndicated media, sports and entertainment brands to deliver premium content choices to the 245 million people reached each week through its 453 owned-and-operated stations broadcasting in 90 US media markets (including eight of the top 10), more than 8,200 broadcast radio stations affiliated with its Westwood One network and numerous digital channels.
Together, the Cumulus/Westwood One platforms make Cumulus Media one of the few media companies that can provide advertisers with national reach and local impact. Cumulus/Westwood One is the exclusive radio broadcast partner to some of the largest brands in sports, entertainment, news, and talk, including the NFL, the NCAA, the Masters, the Olympics, the GRAMMY’s, the Academy of Country Music Awards, the American Music Awards, the Billboard Music Awards, Westwood One News, and more. Additionally, it is the nation’s leading provider of country music and lifestyle content through its NASH brand, which serves country fans nationwide through radio programming, exclusive digital content, and live events. For more information, visitwww.cumulus.com.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay with uncapped earning potential
- Professional growth and career path
- Training equivalent to acquiring a Sales-MBA. Our training program is designed to be continuous with supportive leadership that are invested in the success of each of our reps
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
- Recognition and reward for outstanding performance
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
- 401K with company match to plan for the long term
- Vacation & Holidays to enjoy the fruits of your labor
- Proficiency in prospecting and aggressively seeking new clientele by networking, cold-calling, canvassing, referrals and other means, are core competencies of a Cumulus seller
- Be an expert in the customer’s business by gaining a deep understanding of their goals, objectives and processes as well as their external environment including key markets and consumer trends
- Creative spark – the ability to design, create and deliver customized advertising proposals/presentations
- Present client solutions by building rapport and delivering results through The Power of Radio
- Gain referral business by providing support, information, and guidance, qualitative research and recommending new opportunities for profit and/or service improvements
- Deliver exceptional client service
- Experience in Outside (B2B) Sales strongly preferred
- Proven experience growing and maintaining a robust sales funnel
- Recognized top sales performer with a track record of over-achieving sales goals (top 10-20% of company)
- Strong sales acumen and proficiency in all phases of the sales cycle, proactive outbound phone sales and new account development
- Ability to perform independently in a fast-paced, hyper-competitive sales environment
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills; outgoing, sociable, and charismatic – you pride yourself on being able to strike up a conversation with anyone
- Accustomed to working with creative thinkers, digital marketers and editors
- Media sales experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field is preferred
For immediate consideration, please visit www.cumulus.com/careers.
Cumulus Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.